Pledged of 1,200 Goal
A Question for you
What do you think happens to all the tyres wasted by all the vehicles out there? Where do they go or how are they dealt with?
Did you know that we generate more than 1.5 billion wasted tyres worldwide each year? Egypt alone generates 22 million wasted tyre annually.
Tyres are among the largest and most problematic sources of waste worldwide:
- They are not biodegradable; they accumulate in massive amounts occupying vast areas on land or in the oceans and are costly to get rid of. Below is a picture taken from a satellite for a massive tyre grave yard.
- They could easily catch on fire jeopardizing people's lives and causing irreversible damage.
- When burnt, they liberate lethal intoxicating fumes that are considered very harmful to humans as well as the environment.
- Once dumped on roads, they are a potential cause for terrible car accidents.
Add to that, they represent a waste of resources as they can be recycled into materials used in many different industries.
We are Retyres Company for recycling wasted tyres. We founded this company for a green cause primarily when we found out that only 10% of wasted tyres in Egypt are being recycled, mostly using primitive tools in a manual process.
We then decided to launch a recycling factory for tyre recycling using machinery that we created and built from scratch here in Egypt.
The machines separate the rubber from the steel of the tyres which we then introduce to other industries as raw materials.
Until now we recycled almost 60,000 wasted tyres.
Why are we crowd funding?
This funding campaign aims to gain your support to achieve a few goals:
- We need $1200 to fix and modify our existing machinery in order to enhance their performance and efficiency, and be able to continue our operations.
- At $1900 we will train and qualify 10 student from technical schools on the recycling process for free.
- At $2700 we will launch an awareness campaign about the hazards of dumping tyres on roads or burning them and spread the culture of recycling.
- If we make it to $6000 or more you will help us buy new machinery that will enable us to recycle more wasted tyres and manufacture new products.
You can help us by pledging to our project or by sharing the link of the campaign to your family and friends. We also prepared a set of rewards that you will surely like, check them out.
If you have any question, a comment, a suggestion or just want to say hello you can contact us on:
Your support will enable this project to continue and to be able to have a great impact on the environment and the society.
Note: Shipping Details for some rewards:
Shipping is not included for all rewards, therefore shipping specifcations and costs are outlined in the description of each reward. However, the up cycled tyre coffee table and chairs rewards are expensive to ship internationally because of their heavy weight (20 - 25 Kgs minimum), so If interested please check the shipping prices to different countries below.
International express mail prices
Kuwait – Jordan – Iraq – Sudan – Qatar – Bahrain – Libya – Tunisia – Saudi Arabia – Emirates – Djibouti – Yemen – Oman – Algeria – Morocco – Syria.
$45 per 10 Kg's
Cyprus – Singapore – Turkey – Iran – Mauritania – Yugoslavia – Croatia – Sierra Leone – Ethiopia – Eritrea – Burundi – Congo- spain.
$67 per 10 Kg's
Ukraine – Romania – Liberia – Uganda – Chad – Mali – Macedonia – Poland – Portugal – Angola – Ireland – Belgium – Slovakia – Luxembourg – Lithuania – Azerbaijan – Bosnia – Czech – Rwanda – Ghana – India – Russia.
$105 per 10 Kg's
Canada – Switzerland – Thailand – Bangladesh – Denmark – Austria – China – Estonia – Indonesia – Pakistan – Tanzania – Togo – Kenya – Malaysia – Britain – Holland – Ivory coast – Slovenia.
$85 per 10 Kg's
Mozambique – Macao – America – Japan – Taiwan – Greece – Nigeria – Italian - Upper Volta - Sri Lanka – Senegal – Guinea – Mexico – Bicol – Hungary – South Africa – Germany – Norway.
$128 per 10 Kg's
Finland – France – Sweden – Peru – Costa Rica – Congo – Brazzaville.
$185 per 10 kg's
Australia – Brazil – Argentine.
$200 per 10 Kg's
So say you want the coffee table award (weighs 25 Kgs) shipped to America, you should then add $128 x 2.5 = $320 to your pledge for shipping.